6.23.2009

hands.

well it's about time i know who i came from
Sick day, UGH. In the last week, I got turned down for giving blood (low iron--never happened to me before), experienced heartburn for the first time (I thought I might be having a heart attack for a good hour before W told me what it was), I got food poisoning, and now I am taking a sick day for actually being sick. (!borrrring) These bones is getting old.
I started this masterpiece a while ago but didn't make it very far until bedrest today (thanks gramma for the pedigree charts!). This is the maternal side of my family tree, presented here on my split pea bedroom wall.
For most lines it goes back to my fourth great-grandparents, many of whom have very cool names (like george washington and samuel jackson, for instance). When I get dad's side up, there will be a veritable bow tie of family togetherness in my little cave of a room. It's a small start, but here's to Elijah.

6 comments:

the gramma said...

Sooo creative. I recall seeing small pieces of paper on your wall when we were there. Good fam hist proj - wish I could see it.

liso. said...

ooh, me, too, wanna see.

but anyway, when you gonna come visit me? just checking in cause i haven't talked to you in years and years practically.

liso. said...

oh, and how was the book?

Anonymous said...

Would you share your pedigree chart with us, too. I can't find George Washington or Samuel Jackson. --WC

Anonymous said...

V. here... Oh I am so sorry your feeling so sick . Hope you feel better soon. Your doing a great job of making the best of a bad situation!! Nice wall and family!

Cassie said...

Oh Jill. You take no consideration for my puny brain when post images like this. Blown. Once again.